- When Worlds Collide #120: Asia’s smallest state Maldives faces big climate threats
- When Worlds Collide #119: Long way to lowering Lanka’s Deadly Diesel Hazard
- When Worlds Collide #118: Astrology in Sri Lanka – Are we leaving it all to the stars?
- When Worlds Collide #117: Once and Future Organics in Sri Lanka
- When Worlds Collide #116: Did we all come from Outer Space?
- When Worlds Collide #115: Fast-tracking Road Safety in Sri Lanka
- When Worlds Collide #114: Welcome to UPF – United Planet of Football!
- When Worlds Collide #113: Outpacing Tsunamis in the Indian Ocean: Are we ready?
Tag Archives: 2001: A Space Odyssey
Text of my ‘When Worlds Collide’ column published in Ceylon Today Sunday newspaper on 2 September 2012 Neil Armstrong’s death last week created news headlines worldwide. We indulged in some harmless nostalgia for a turbulent decade in another century that … Continue reading
When Worlds Collide #28: From Great Basses Reef to ‘Ran Muthu Duwa’ – Story of Ceylon’s First Colour Movie
Text of my ‘When Worlds Collide’ column published in Ceylon Today Sunday newspaper on 12 August 2012 Ran Muthu Duwa (Island of Treasures), the first colour Sinhala feature film made in Sri Lanka, was released exactly 50 years ago this … Continue reading